We're offering four online retreats this fall:
The first is our popular six-week retreat, "Hurry Up and Slow Down," which is designed for persons of many religious affiliations and also for spiritual-but-not religious people.
The other three are in the Christian tradition and reflect in some way reflect a commitment to integrate contemplative practice and prayer with active concern for justice and peace.
(1) Hurry Up and Slow Down:
Spiritual Practice in Daily Life
* Six weeks from the week of September 23 to the week of October 28.
* 15 minutes a day of spiritual practice.
* Each week of the retreat has an anchoring theme: mindfulness, breath, place, time, community, earth.
* Suitable for those who are religiously affiliated as well as for those who consider themselves spiritual, but not religious.
* $105 if you register (and mail your check) by
* $135 if you register between Friday, September 20 and Wednesday, September 25.
* A few discounted places are available for those in financial hardship.
* Details here. To register, write firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) A Novena Retreat with Dorothy Day
* October 31-November 8: a daily 15-minute commitment.
* Each day for 9 consecutive days:
one quote by Dorothy Day
one related spiritual exercise
* $45 if you register (and mail your check) by Wednesday, October 16.
* $55 if you register between Thursday, October 17 and Thursday, October 31.
* Registration is open now. To register, write email@example.com.
* Details here.
(3) Companions in Justice, Companions in Prayer:
A Month of Memory
* November 1-30: all month, one companion every two or three days (three a week).
* Reflect on the life and writings of companions in justice and prayer, pray with them on your own time, all month.
* Our companions will be mostly from this past century, some still alive, and include (among others) Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Dorothy Day, Thomas Merton, William Stringfellow, Pauli Murray, Oscar Romero, Desmond Tutu, Bayard Rustin, Cesar Chavez, and Mercy Amba Oduyoye.
* $75 if you register (and mail your check) by Tuesday, October 15.
* $90 if you register between Wednesday, October 16 and Monday, November 4.
* More details here. To register, write firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) Magnificat! Prayer and Prophecy in Advent
* December 1-24
* Advent as a time to enter into God's patience and God's impatience.
* Reflection with the Hebrew Scriptures and Christian Testament in Year A of the Western Christian lectionaries.
* Details forthcoming in October. Registration will open the first week in November.
Click the links above for more details! Questions? Write me, Jane Redmont, at email@example.com.