Thursday, February 7, 2013

Snowstorm Special!

In honor of the upcoming blizzard in Boston, where I now live, I am offering a SNOWSTORM SPECIAL to the first ten people who contact me to register for the Thomas Merton retreat (a Lenten retreat from Ash Wednesday to Easter - click the link above for full information including my e-mail) from the time the snow starts falling till the end of snowfall.

This will be a window of about 36 hours --on Friday February 8 and Saturday February 9-- if current weather predictions are accurate. You have to keep an eye on the Boston weather report for this!

The special is a half-price discount, so the retreat will be $125 instead of $250 for the first ten people who sign up any time during the Boston blizzard.

This applies only to those who have not already registered for the retreat. Again, the special will last just the length of the snowstorm. Join us!

Clear Sky Before the Storm (c) Jane Redmont, 2/7/13

"Our mentioning of the weather -- our perfunctory observations on what kind of day it is, are perhaps not idle. Perhaps we have a deep and legitimate need to know in our entire being what the day is like, to see it and feel it, to know how the sky is grey, paler in the south, with patches of blue in the southwest, with snow on the ground, the thermometer at 18, the cold wind making your ears ache. I have a real need to know these things because I myself am part of the weather and part of the climate and part of the place, and a day in which I have not shared truly in all of this is no day at all. It is certainly part of my life of prayer."
 --Thomas Merton

3 comments:

Jan said...

Okay, Jane, this will help me commit, if I can qualify for the snowstorm special!

PS My legal name is "Janet."

Unknown said...

Hi Jane. Fascinated by the Merton themed Lenten Retreat. I'm writing from Dallas, any more snow falling ? Thank you, Brian

Jane R said...

Hello Brian, the snow stopped falling on Saturday, but if the full fee is a hardship I can give you a discount. Write me at readwithredmont@earthlink.net and we'll make it work. Thanks for your interest!